Like most countries when shipping to Vietnam, there are many factors to consider. International Shipping to Vietnam has its own unique rules and restrictions.
Items Prohibited From Being Shipped To Vietnam:
1. Firearms, ammunition, war materials, and related accessories.
2. Cigarettes and cigars.
3. Coins, bank notes, currency, and securities made payable to the bearer.
4. Platinum, gold, and silver.
5. Precious stones, jewelry, and other valuables.
6. All cosmetics except: Harmonized Systems (HS) Code 3600 (oral and hygiene dental products in individual packaging) and HS Code 3700 (preshave, shaving, or aftershave preparations).
7. Invisible ink, codes, symbols, short hand, or other secret messages.
8. Mobile phones.
9. Perishable infectious biological substances.
10. Things made from non-Vietnamese tobacco.
11. Radio accessories, transmitters, and receivers.
12. Radioactive materials.
13. Sealed food in tins.
14. Unused postage stamps.
15. Used clothing, mosquito nets, blankets, and shoes.
Items Facing Restrictions:
Some items are not completely prohibited from being shipped to Vietnam. Instead some items have specific restrictions which need to be adhered to in order to successfully be shipped. Below are the items that have restrictions and what needs to be done in order to ship them.
1. The Ministry of External Trade of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam must authorize any items of commercial value intended for trade.
2. Any currency, checks, securities, or postage stamps need to be licensed by the US Department of Treasury.
3. The Ministry of Culture of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam must authorize any toys, pictures, paintings, books, cinematic items, photographic films, sculptures, and objects of art.
Some items have limits in terms of the amount that may be shipped. Here is the list of these items and their quantity.
• Coffee = 200g
• Tea = 500g
• Paddy = 1000g
• Rice = 1000g
• Beans (all kinds) = 1000g
• Dried Manioc = 1000g
• Dried sweet potatoes = 1000g
• Groundnuts = 1000g
• Cooked fat = 1000g
• Dried meat = 1000g
• Salted meat = 1000g
• Dried fish = 1000g
• Dried cuttlefish = 1000g
Following the rules and regulations can help make international shipping proceed smoothly.
For additional help with international shipping, or if you have any questions, please contact us at pack and send in Houston. We'd be glad to help. We also ship to other countries, some of which are listed below.
Brittish Virgin Islands
Libyan Arab Jamahiriy
Papa New Guinea
Saipan (Northern Mariana Islands)
St. Kitts and Nevis
Turks and Caicos Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
Wallis and Futuna