Pallet shipping consolidates your items into one single shipment making it easier to move your goods safely. We suggest using sturdy wood pallets. They can be custom made to fit your particular shipment. Pallets are large enough to accommodate the items without allowing them to overhang. If you’ve decided on pallet shipping you should follow a few steps for the best results.
What can I pallet ship?
• Lawn equipment
• Large accessories
• Cartons of goods
Select pallets that are large enough to stop overhang. Your pallet will be a platform for your goodies so make sure it’s strong enough to hold the load without collapsing. The best pallets have closely spaced deck boards—don’t use pallets with broken boards or nails that poke out. Most pallets are lifted with a forklift.
If your move is international, the wooden pallets must be heat treated. Heat treated wood pallets don't make good homes for unwanted pests. Fortunately, the pallets only have to be treated once.
Packing your pallet
• Pack small items in sturdy cartons. Close each carton with tape or staples.
• Do not allow boxes to extend past the pallet edges.
• Avoid excess space in between cartons. By keeping them packed tightly, you will avoid shifting.
• Arrange boxes in columns for a smooth trip.
• Wrap the pallet with stretch wrap and use strapping to keep those cartons in place. Stretch wrap is "industrial strength" plastic stretch wrap and it needs to be applied to the entire pallet.
• Wrap from the bottom up.
If you want move a household or a roomful of items, pallet shipping is the way to go. Whether moving your treasures across the country or the world, we're here to make your move as seamless as possible.
The team at Pack n Send can help you transport a single or multiple pallets easily. Contact us today for more information preparing, shipping and moving pallets.