For the emerging artist nothing is quite as exciting as getting accepted into your first show. After you have jumped for joy, called your friends and experienced the flush of
excitement - it is time to think about how you are going to make sure your artwork is delivered on time and in perfect condition. If you are not able to hand deliver your artwork or have friends or family deliver it in person, it only stands to reason you will need to have it shipped. We know artwork is your baby but that baby has just been invited to see the world!
As you are looking at your artwork with the critical eye of "how do I ship this" you may want to keep the following information in mind.
- Type of artwork determines the type of packing materials
(fragile items will need extra padding), (pointed objects will need
- Does the weight of your artwork exceed limitations for
- How far is the artwork traveling? Is travel time a
- How much time will it take for the artwork to reach its
- Many galleries require reusable packing and give
guidelines for unacceptable packing materials (such as Styrofoam peanuts),
investigate your options.
- Do you require valuation coverage during the shipping
process? What are your options with the different carriers?
- Will your artwork require special handling or
- Does your artwork require signature confirmation or
confirmation of delivery?
Such is the business end of the art world. Getting to know the right company to choose for your artwork packing and shipping may require a little searching. If you have questions about the proper way to pack and send artwork, please feel free to contact pack n send in Houston information or get a quote for getting your artwork where it needs to be.
Pack n send offers the perfect solution to getting your art out there so it can advertise YOU. Artwork Shipping is just one of the shipping services we specialize in, contact us for
more information or get a quote for getting your artwork where it needs to be.