Not all your treasures fit handily inside a standard box but you can't leave them behind. If you've got an odd-shaped item like an heirloom coat rack, a large piece of glass or a one-of-a-kind surfboard, you'll have to custom pack those items. You don't have to move items without the confidence that you are doing it correctly. Have confidence by using the right techniques and tips for moving your items.
You really can pack anything!
• For certain items we suggest inserting one inch sheets of Styrofoam on the inside of the box to cushion the box. We also suggest using bubble wrap around your items before you insert it into a custom made box. Depending on the item, you may also want to use foam peanuts to cradle the item in the box.
• You can order a custom made crate or pallet. This is especially necessary if your piece is heavy or has an unusual shape. Wood crates can be custom built to fit your specific piece. Standard pallets are forty inches by forty eight inches, but you can have a custom built pallet or platform built to fit your specific needs.
• Invest in double-walled, boxes if your piece is too heavy for a single wall box, but does not need a full wood crate.
• Have plenty of foam peanuts, bubble wrap and packing tape on hand for custom packing. However, never tape directly to your furniture or item. Tape can leave a gummy residue behind.
• If you prefer, you could let the pros custom pack your items for you.
No more worries about transporting that craftsman chair or those important golf clubs. You can truly pack just about everything! Don't wait until the last minute to prepare for your packing or moving, Contact us for more tips and help with your move. We offer a variety of options for custom packing and specialty moving. Our experienced team would love to answer your questions.