Interested in shipping items to the Russian Federation? Before you decide what you can send and how to send it, there are some very interesting things you may want to know about shipping items to Russia.
" title="Flag_of_Russia.png" class="draggable ui-draggable shadow" style="top: 19px;">
Russia's laws on shipping vary from the familiar to the quite odd. Before you send something that may be illegal, you should get yourself familiar with some of the stranger shipping rules. Some Prohibited Items:
1. Human organs, tissue, or blood.
2. Alcoholic products, ethyl alcohol, and beer.
3. Precious stones, natural diamonds. Jewelry is an exception.
4. Fishing equipment of any kind, electronic fishing equipment, rods and nets, fishing wire.
5. Radioactive Materials
6. Plants and plant seeds.
7. Extremist, terrorist, or pornographic materials including magazines, drawings, and audio.
8. Ozone destroying materials or substances.For more information about prohibited items, click here.
Customs Regulations:Russia has some weight and value limitations on items that can pass through customs. Here are some of the things that may cause your package to not be accepted by customs.
• 1000 Euro (EUR) or 31 Kilograms (68 lbs.)
• If the item exceeds 1000 EUR or 31 Kilograms, a 30% customs tax is required.
• The taxes are paid at a post office in case of overage.
• There is no maximum value or weight of an item, but a tax of no less than 4 EUR per Kilogram must be paid on Items exceeding the limit.
Russian Fun Facts:
• Russia and Japan have not signed a peace treaty to end hostilities from WWII.
• Russia covers 1/7th of the world's land mass and is larger than Pluto.
• Russia has nine different time zones from boarder to boarder. This is more than any in other country in the world!
• Russian churches are beautiful and ornate, typically having domed tops unlike the pointed steeples in the U.S. or Europe. 41% of Russians belong to the Russian Orthodox Church.
For more information on shipping your items to Russia, please contact us. We would love to help you on your way to shipping internationally! Visit us for information on the other countries we ship to! We have listed some of the countries below.
Brittish Virgin Islands
Papa New Guinea
Saipan (Northern Mariana Islands)
St. Kitts and Nevis
Turks and Caicos Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands